Saturday, February 18, 2017

Celebrating Ba-BEES!

{judy} Happy Weekend Ribbon Lovers! Have you seen our new Challenge? It's all about Celebrations. Today I am celebrating the birth of a new niece last week with a non-traditional ba-bee (baby) card - submitted as my sample for our Challenge!
I stamped five bees in a row on Heavyweight White CS (Hobby Lobby), using the two-step stamping technique. I stamped the gold bodies first, then the overlay of black detail and wings. I used a stencil and lightly (and randomly) sponged over the bees in different directions with a brighter yellow ink. The fifth bee I cut out using the matching die (Dragonfly Dreams from Stampin' Up!) and layered it on my second bee above. You can see a little shadow underneath from being popped up using 3D Foam Tabs.

I adhered all my panels using Scor-Tape (I like the 1/4" and 3/8") and then stamped my sentiment. It is three separate words from a stamp set by The Alley Way Stamps. I love the play on words with "bee." I then wrapped my Metallic Gold Baker's Twine several times around the left side (this card opens like a book), added a heart charm (that matches the bees' gold), and tied a simple bow.

And it's ready to mail to Kate Elizabeth!

Be sure to join in our Challenge and play along. It's so fun to see what everyone makes, and what wonderful ideas you all have!

1 comment :

We'd love to hear what you have to say