Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A Baby Milestones Box and Door Hanger


It's Teresa again here today to share the second half of my baby gift ensemble.  I really love this one that I'm sharing today.  It was super fun to make and I hope that my nephew and his wife will have fun filling it up with fun things after their new baby boy comes into their lives.  The pretty ribbons and trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon are the perfect finishing touch.
For this fun project I started with an unfinished wooden box that I found at my local JoAnn's craft store.  It was the perfect size to put lots of these tiny cards and envelopes in so I got this idea to create a baby's first year milestones kind of mini album.  Moms are super busy and I thought that just having these little cards and envelopes to mark down amazing things that happened through the year would be really fun to do.  And you can put bits of memorabilia and photos in the envelopes and on the tags that I put between everything.  Doesn't that sound like a lot of fun and so easy?.
 For the cards, I used tags from the Kaisercraft paper pad that I used when I created this and then got an adorable sticker sheet with fun baby sentiments and decorated each of them up. The little bits of tied ribbon really added that finishing touch that I was looking for on each of them. I also used some of my favorite Spellbinders doily dies and the embossing on them looks so pretty.  I also numbered each of them so that that my nephew and his wife would have lots of places to put the sweet memories for their new baby boy that they are expecting.
I had some papers left over so I decided to make up a baby door hanger for them too that goes with all of it.  I used the same papers and dies that I did for the cards and added some pretty seam binding ribbon and baker's twine bows to make it perfect. I also added a strip of the Burlap Center Stitch Ribbon in brown to tie in all the colors.
That's all for today and I hope that you liked my baby projects.  The frame and card I did are at this link and I would love if you left a comment to let me know what you think.  

Have a fun and crafty day!!  Teresa

1 comment :

  1. Oh my little goodness! This is just the sweetest, sweetest dearest most wonderful baby project ever! How is it that I love everything you do, Teresa?

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say