Saturday, April 18, 2015

The Perfect Friend


Hi everyone and welcome to the RRR Blog today.  It's Teresa here and I am sharing a friend card today that I did with one of my favorite Spellbinder dies, paper and ribbons. 


I really had to think about this one because there was so much design in the paper, but I think it worked out pretty good and I am really happy with it.  I used Graphic 45 papers on it for the base and the beige patterned paper I cut out with the Spellbinder die.  Layering it over the print gave it a really interesting pattern and yet the pattern of the die still stands out.  Then I layered on a black Spellbinder Labels One decorative die and the matching smaller piece to stamp my sentiment in.  The stamp is from Penny Black's chalkboard set and to make it stand out even more, I embossed it with clear powder to darken up the black in the words.  Sometimes just that one little trick can really make your card pop.


And...Here is a quick close up of the card so you can see all the pretty patterns and the seam binding ribbon in log brown that I used for the bows.  Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by today :)

2 comments :

  1. The combination of dies and pp work together beautifully. Despite the frilliness of the dies, the colors of the pp make this card appropriate for a male or a female. Those bows are a beautiful touch.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say