Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pillow Gift Box by Tracey Sabella

What beautiful fall weather we are having here in Ohio with cooler days and gorgeous fall leaves. 

It's Tracey here to share something a little different. You know those clear plastic pillow boxes that some embossing folder sets come in? I decorated one as a pretty gift box featuring Really Reasonable Ribbon along with Donna Salazar Designs Antiquities paper.

Pillow Gift Box



Tips and Techniques:
Bonnie is now carrying the Zutter Bow-it-All in the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store. I used it to created this gorgeous double loop bow using Silky Crush Champagne Ribbon. I scrunched the ribbon and tacked into place using Helmar 450 Quick Drying Glue. The portion of the ribbon wrapped around the box is adhered with Scor-Tape

I trimmed the top of the gift box with gorgeous Juliet Natural Crochet Lace. This lace has a lot of give and curved around the "pillow" top beautifully!! 

I used my new Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Two dies. The slots in the sides of these dies is just perfect to thread this gorgeous ribbon through. 

I have a thing for beautiful jewelry findings and this beautiful black piece by Tori Spelling is a recent find. I love the dangling chain segments which add so much motion to this piece. 

These Wild Orchid Crafts flowers make such a lovely cluster above the bow. I added a berry sprig from my stash. I inked the edges of the die cut pieces to help them pop. 

I hope you've been inspired to pull out your stash of Really Reasonable Ribbon lace, ribbon, flowers, tools and adhesives to transform some packaging into a beautiful gift box. 

~ Blessings ~ 

7 comments :

  1. This is gorgeous and scrumptious!! I save all my boxes like these to mail the very detailed cards in, but never would of thought to do this with one..how creative and inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is yummy gorgeous!! OMG...I love that word Scrumptious...I am upgrading my yummy to SCRUMPTIOUS!! I love this Tracey!!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omgosh Tracey this is absolutely Beautiful hun!!!! Love it!!! Heather you are SILLY......hahahahahahahahaha Scrumptious
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative and beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow tracey, that is some pretty designed pillow box... nice showcasing of the ribbon..

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely adorable!

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say